Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #22

Go to Nings or something else and look at the different features and options then write a blog post about what you think a Ning would be good for and how you might use it.

I went to Teacherlingo because it pertained to my current employment and viewed the lessons, searching for "Biology" and there were no results under that search term. I then searched with the same term under latest blogs but it was a set of random blogs. I saw that one could post lessons and browse lessons, the latest blogs, teacher blogs sorted according to academic level, read messages on certain message boards sorted by name (you must become a member to post a message on a message board) and a user could give feedback on teacherlingo.

I think a Ning would be a good place for students and teachers to come together for "salon" study, about, for instance, a book. I much prefer online learning and this could be a way that students could give feedback online and not be shy about it. Salon discussions could be used for everything from bible study to classroom book study, or just pick a book and invite anyone to read and message board about it.

If I had a classroom with a lot of students I could use this for book discussions.

No comments: