Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #16

I completed Discovery Exercise ! and added a link with my comment.

How might you use wikis?

I might use wikis to coordinate schedules and other procedural information for those on my staff. I think wikis could be used departmentally as well to help get information out there more easily than face to face meetings, and it would also save time. In addition, many times people do not want to speak up in meetings for fear of retribution by their supervisor. In a wiki, as long as everyone follows certain etiquette guidelines, perhaps supervisors would be more willing to read and take into account different points of view. This might also work for principals who really might care what their employees think but can't say in a staff meeting with the entire school present.

No comments: