Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing 8

  • What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?
    • I like that I get to choose up front what information comes to me
    • I like that this information does not go to my email account, but instead to an account I can choose to ignore or change
    • I like that this can be used for daily surfing information
  • How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?
    • I will use this in my personal life in order to weed out any unwanted news sites and go directly to those sites in which I am interested
    • In addition, this is a helpful tool to get new movie information for the summer :)
    • On a professional level, this could be used to do a daily search about latest topics in the AU field
  • How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?
    • Libraries could use RSS to share book reviews for teachers and the student body

No comments: